2021 marks 40 years of Breeding astronomically awesome Angus for Sal & I. It has been a wonderful journey packed with some amazing experiences, achievements and of course the odd “leveller”.
Sal and I think the best way to celebrate the 40 Year Milestone is to stage a Dulverton Female Production Sale, and so provide the Registered Angus Breeding “Family” the opportunity to share in some of our Unique Performance Pedigreed Females.
The Sale will showcase 55 females from our very best cow lines featuring some Bonze sires of the Angus breed.
It’s our belief that the individual most likely to Draw a Crowd and Turn Heads is a heifer from the Great Dulverton Annie G037, by the bull who has worked so well in our Herd – Esselmont Lotto L3. Annie Q182 is further testament to the Magnificence of her “Mum” Annie G037 in that she is a twin, we will retain her sister, Annie Q181.
Dulverton Annie Q182 – A Stand Out!
Dulverton Annie Q182 weighed 350kg on 28/9/2020 for a Daily Gain of 0.83kg/day and has been A.I’d to Dunoon P1039.
She is a very worthwhile attraction with a super special Performance Pedigree and Phenotype
Why is DULVERTON ANNIE Q182 so Special?
- She is a descendant of the Great Annie Cow Family
- The original Annie was the heifer calf from Tulagi Eclypta X32, by Naranghi Atherton
- Tulagi Eclypta X32 was Sal’s 21st birthday present from Chaps and founding matron of the Dulverton Herd, Sal actually selected her from Max & Joan Doherty’s Tulagi “X” heifers.
- Dulverton Annie G17, a Grand Daughter of the Original Annie has certainly been one of very best Cows, having won Grand Champion Cow at Sydney R.A.S in 1992.
- Dulverton Annie G17 was by O’Neill’s Renovator a bull whose semen Sal & I imported from the O’Neill herd in Iowa. Renovator was out of O’Neill’s Eraline 42 a cow we greatly admired during our life changing time in the U.S.A per favour of the Angus Scholarship.
- O’Neill’s Renovator was widely used in Australia he amassed 1,069 performance recorded progeny amongst 143 herds. Renovator’s top son was the Calving Ease Champion Dunoon Reagan.
Dulverton Annie Q182’s Dam and Sibs Amongst the Best
- Dulverton Annie Q182’s Dam, Dulverton Annie G037 is out of Dulverton Annie Z145 a B/R New Frontier daughter by T. C. Franklin 619. Dulverton Annie Z145 reared 10 performance progeny. Maternal longevity is a strong suite of the Dulverton Annie Family.
- Dulverton Annie G037’s best son Dulverton New Approach N208 by Esselmont Lotto L3 has been used in the Dulverton Herd, the Laurie’s Knowla Herd and the Angus Sire Benchmark programme.
- Dulverton Annie Q182’s Sire, E. Lotto L3, topped the Sire Line averages at the 2020 Dulverton Bull Sale, 15 sons offered 15 sons sold to a top of $24K at an average of $12,400.
- Dulverton New Approach N208’s progeny has produced superior performance,
consider Dulverton Quality Approach Q066:
► Top 10% all Four Selection Indexes
► Top 48% all Four Value Determining Traits- Days to Calving Top 26%; Scrotal Top 12%; NFI-F Top 48%; RBY Top 9%; IMF% Top 36%
► Dulverton Quality Approach Q066 is being used in the Dulverton Herd to “Mop Up” a group of 63 “L” & “M” Cows following A.I.
- Dulverton New Approach N208’s set of Q heifers have performed exceptionally well:
► The Weight Gain Performance for his 12 daughters in Group 1 was 0.89kg/day (Birth to 28/09/2020), ranking him equal first for the Group 1. His top performing daughter Dulverton Wilcoola Q104 weighing 415kg for a gain of 0.96kg/day.
► The Weight Gain Performance for his 11 daughters in Group 2 weighed the same day as Group 1, 28/09/2020, was 0.83kg/day, ranking him third in Group 2. N208’s top performer in the Group was Dulverton Penny Q163 she weighed 389kg for a daily gain of 0.90kg/day.
- The Knowla Team (James & Ted Laurie et al), have informed us that Dulverton New Approach N208 who they used in their Autumn Calving Group, has ranked first for Weight Gain Performance to Weaning (Sire line Group).
- Dulverton Annie Q182 despite being a twin and sharing with her sister, is no slouch when it comes to Weight Gain Performance, on 28/09/2020 she weighed 350kgs at a daily gain of 0.83kg/day, she has been A.I’d to Dunoon P1039.
- Dulverton Annie Q182 is a very worthwhile attraction with a Super Special Performance Pedigree and Phenotype, come visit her Sal & I would love to see you too.